In the case of Institutes run by the Central Government, the reservation would be applicable as mentioned below:
- 15% of the seats Scheduled Castes (SC) candidates
- 7.5% seats for Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates
- 27% seats for Other Backward Classes (OBC) Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) candidates as per the Central List*
- 10% of the seats for General Economically Weaker Sections (General – EWS) candidates
- Persons with Disability (PwD) with 40% or more disability
Each category will have 5% reservations for the candidates with 40% or more disability as defined in Section 2 (r) and (zc) of Persons with Disabilities (RPwD) Act, 2016.
In the case of the Institutes run/aided/recognized by State Governments, the reservation policy of the respective State Governments shall be applicable.
Provisions relating to Persons with Disability (PwD):
As per Section 2(t) of the RPwD Act, “Persons with Disability (PwD)” means a person with long term physical, mental, intellectual, or sensory impairment which, in interaction with barriers, hinders his full and effective participation in society equally with others. According to Section 2(r) of the RPwD Act, 2016, “persons with benchmark disabilities” means a person with not less than forty percent (40%) of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes a person with disability where specified disability has been defined in measurable terms, as certified by the certifying authority.