What is Chartered Accountancy (CA) ?
Chartered Accountancy is one of the most reputable professions in India. It is a profession that deals with finance and business. It is the most prestigious profession. This is also a responsibility as this profession is the pillar for many businesses that are running.
Chartered Accountancy deals with financial statements, taxes, etc. The profession is not only limited to private firms but is also used extensively in government organizations and institutions.
Chartered Accountant (CA) Course
Chartered Accountancy Course is a difficult yet rewarding course which gives students an entry into one of the country’s most reputed profession.
The course duration is normally 3-4 years and one can pursue it after they are done with 12th class in the Commerce stream.
Who is a Chartered Accountant (CA)?
Chartered Accountants are experts in the field of Accountancy. They are the professionals who take under them various activities of a private or public or government firm regarding their financial statements and taxation.
CA, as they are referred to as normal, perform various activities as well as filing taxes, financial advising, etc. They have a huge responsibility as the finance of a company and their cash and wealth are in their hands.
How they handle finances play a huge role in the way a firm performs and then subsequently faces a profitable situation or the one where they incur a loss.
Chartered Accountants also have their own organization known as the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or the ICAI.
- 1. The work of a CA is related to Taxation.
- 2. Applied Finance is one of the fields in which CAs expertise.
- 3. Financial Accounting and Reporting is one of their main tasks.
- 4. CAs also have to do Management Accounting for big companies.
- 5. They are also the link between the Government and the firm as they handle taxes.
Why Pursue a Professional Career in CA?
- As mentioned, Chartered Accountants is a very reputable profession. There are various different opportunities with which one is presented with when they are pursuing their CA.It is a course that helps one become an expert accountant. It is a high-level professional course with its own code and conduct.
There are various reasons as to why one should pursue this course.
- 1. This course is a professional degree which makes it very reputable as well as has a great scope. There is no dearth of job opportunities for CAs as there is no dearth of firms. Firms require a lot of things to be done on the financial end which can only be done by a CA.
- 2. There is no need for prior education or work experience to pursue this course. Once this course is done, you are a professional and do not necessarily require higher education to widen your scope.
- 3. It is a global profession. Once you are licensed as a Chartered Accountant, you have opportunities all over the world, as long as you can keep up with the laws. It is a globally recognized and valued profession.
- 4. This course is quite flexible. You can take as many years as you want to complete it at your own pace. There is no compulsory attendance or anything. One can attend classes and study as they want.
- 5. The course is solely based on exam success. One only has to clear exams to reach the next level. With no pressure of maintaining attendance, students can do a job or any other activity which they wish to do.